The growing partnership between big government and big business threatens our free market economy and our liberty.
All too often businesses seek profits through the growth and power of government and not through a competitive marketplace.
In the end, consumers and taxpayers pay for this marketplace distortion through higher prices, higher taxes, bigger deficits and reduced liberty.
The Market Freedom Project will expose business involvement in manipulating our free market system and provide grassroots activists with a mechanism to challenge business executives when they actively work to undermine free enterprise and liberty.
Examples of the government/business partnership include:
- Businesses lobbying for government handouts through subsidies, grants and loan guarantees
- Businesses pushing for draconian regulations that give their companies a competitive advantage over rival companies and industries
- Businesses donating funds to progressive groups that lobby for the progressive agenda
- Businesses advancing the progressive movement through biased news coverage
- Businesses stymieing government reform efforts such as flattening our tax code and cutting programs (food stamps, Obamaphones) as well as existing subsidies and tax credits (sugar, ethanol, renewable energy)